A report commissioned by the The Surveyors’ Trust and published in April 2022 reviews and collates research of the Australian surveying and spatial sector workforce to have a better understanding of the landscape, issues therein and opportunities to inform a collective industry approach to address the workforce crisis impacting the surveying and spatial industry in Australia.
The Australian Surveying and Spatial Workforce – A National Roadmap presents a surveying and spatial workforce roadmap and a high-level strategy for a national call to action to address workforce challenges being faced today and in the future. The report advocates for the industry to adopt a sustainable, holistic approach to workforce planning and implementation underpinned by collaboration of a wide range of industry sectors and representative bodies.
Recommendations for creating a stronger pipeline of skilled professionals include five key initiatives:
- Creation of a national taskforce to shape workforce development programs
- Biennial comprehensive environmental scans
- Development of national competency frameworks for all relevant disciplines
- Development of a taxonomy of occupations and incorporation into ANZCO and industry defined occupations
- Development of a national skills and career pathway
You must be logged in to post a comment.