New research from Robert Half Australia found that 84% of Australian employers say they are currently willing to overlook previously important credentials when hiring for hard-to-fill roles.
The top three qualifications businesses are willing to overlook are:
– education (20%)
– technical certifications (17%)
– number of years of experience (16%)
Employers are least willing to overlook:
– an applicant’s soft skills (8%)
– their specific relevant industry experiences (11%)
– candidates’ cultural fit within the organisation (12%)
More than 8 in 10 (84%) Australian business leaders say they’re likely to prioritise and invest in training and upskilling within their teams to mitigate skills shortages.