The federal government has announced a range of measures aimed at building workforce capability, supporting job mobility and ensuring challenges such as workforce shortages, the accelerated pace of change with increased use of digital technology, and more flexible ways of working are addressed.
Measures announced include:
– increase the number of Job Fairs
– expand the Launch into Work program which focuses on creating long-term employment pathways for women
– expand the 1800 CAREER service to Australians age 25+
– double the number of places in the Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
– develop an integrated data tool which will deliver a comprehensive, near real-time, regional view of Australia’s workforce, skill, and labour market
– pilot novel approaches to apprenticeships and traineeships to accelerate qualification completion time
– deliver faster, cheaper skills assessments for migrants
You must be logged in to post a comment.