Through the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment, the Federal Government has recently launched the National Workforce Strategy 2022-2027. The Strategy outlines five principles to guide a coordinated and consistent approach to addressing workforce issues and sector-specific workforce plans:
– Use data to create transparency of the current and future workforce
– Equip Australians with in-demand skills and focus employment services on outcomes
– Remove barriers and disincentives to work
– Activate industry to design and drive change
– Target migration to fill skills and labour gaps
The Strategy will be achieved through Australian Government agency-led policy initiatives and sectoral workforce strategies consistent with the five principles.