DTWD has established a five-year strategic plan, that will put emphasis on WA’s skills needs within the economy giving more opportunities for learning, jobs and careers for the future. Implementation of the plan will follow these five main priorities:
- Enable all Western Australians to easily choose and access training that leads to jobs and careers according to their aspirations.
- Lift the participation of First Nations People and under-represented groups in training and employment.
- Grow the supply of skilled workers to sustain our economy and community wellbeing.
- Develop the skills and capabilities for a clean energy economy and new and emerging industries.
- Partner with TAFE to support their delivery of contemporary learning experiences that meet student and employer needs.
For more detailed information read here.