Following the announcement of the extension to the Boosting Apprenticeships Commencements wage subsidy, the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive System (AAIS) will come into effect on 1 July 2022 and will replace the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program. The Australian Apprenticeships Priority List will support the AAIS.
The AAIS will be introduced in two phases.
2022 and 2024
– wage subsidies for employers in priority occupations
– hiring incentives for employers in non-priority occupations
– direct payments for apprentices and trainees in priority occupations to assist with the cost of undertaking an apprenticeship
– hiring incentive for employers in priority occupations
– Australian Apprentices Training Support Payment for apprentices in priority occupations
A list of Frequently Asked Questions relating to the AAIS can be downloaded from the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE).
You must be logged in to post a comment.