The Australian Bureau of Statistics is undertaking a comprehensive review of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) which describes all occupations in the Australian and New Zealand labour markets.
Public consultation rounds will be held across 2023 and 2024 with each round targeting selected occupations grouped by focus area. Stakeholder feedback will be sought for each focus area with additional information on occupations within scope to be provided prior to consultation.
Consultation round 1 (February – April 2023)
– Accounting services
– Financial and insurance services
– Management and related consulting services
– Administrative services
– Market research and advertising services
– Statistical services
Consultation round 2 (June – September 2023)
– Architectural, engineering and technical services
– Property operators and real estate
– Spatial, surveying and mapping services
Consultation round 3 (November 2023 – February 2024)
– Legal services
– Public administration
– Public order, safety and regulatory services
The final round of public consultation scheduled (June – August 2024) will provide users an opportunity to provide feedback on the complete set of proposed changes prior to the ABS finalising the update of ANZSCO for release by December 2024.